Re: Developer 6i Install on Linux

From: <ghp_at_skWHynet.be>
Date: 10 May 2001 09:46:32 GMT

In article <3ae38049.16504195_at_news.pacbell.net>, James <james4th_at_pacbell.net>
writes:
>I've downloaded the software from technet.oracle.com. I want to untar
>or uncompress the file but I can't find a "README" or install
 guide.
>The only installation instructions I've located assume that you are
>installing it from a CD which will invoke an Autorun. Have you
>successfully installed? I am running Red Hat 6.2 with Kernel
>2.2.14-5.0. To run this Open Motif do I need to reconfigure the OS or
>Kernel or can I run this right out of the box. Right now I use Gnome
>with an X window, do I need more GUI than this or am I sufficient.
>What is the problem you are having with Reports? Is it something I
>should be leary of? Right now I have 8i Enterprise Server installed
>on the machine that I want to place Developer 6i, will this cause a
>conflict? Maybe I should just go out an buy NT? OUCH!!!! $$$$$$
>
>James
>
>On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:25:24 +0200, Wojciech Cieplak
 <wojtekc_at_post.pl>
>wrote:
>
>>Stephan Langer wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi James,
>>>
>>> i don't know of any Version of Developer for Linux, there are
just
Databases
>>> for Linux. Developer exists only for Windows and solaris
(perhaps some
more,
>>> but not linux).
>>>
>>> AFAIK: To use Developer with Linux you have to use an emulator
- for
Windows
>>> or Solaris. But if and how that will work ... never tried.
>>>
>>> Stephan
>>You are wrong. Developer exist on Linux platform.
>>You need only (on RedHat distribution) Open Motif
>>(www.opensource.org) in version 2.1.30.
>>Naturally you need change window manager to 'mwm'.
>>Work fine (except Oracle Reports in which I have still
>>some problems)
>>
>>--
>>wojtekc_at_post.pl

Hallo James,

I see there are no answers to you last question. Have you been able to install Developer? Otherwise I may be able to help you.

Gerard