Re: utility to synchronize tables over a database link

From: Matthijs Rademakers <Matthijs.Rademakers_at_nos.nl>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 17:51:09 +0200

[Quoted] Thanks for the advice, though it was not really what I had in mind. Your solution assumes that two applications have a permanent databaselink and that these applications are somehow functionally related (OLTP).

I am looking for a utility that allows me to transport table data from development to acceptance to production etc as an alternative to using SQL-scripts.
The oracle package that I have in mind to do this, contains a procedure, call it SYNCHRO, with parameters like:
- table_name IN VARCHAR2

  • to_dbsid IN VARCHAR2

The procedure SYNCHRO then looks for the existence of a database link to the [Quoted] specified database (to_dbsid) and the existence of a completely identical table on the database specified by to_dbsid. Let's call this table 'table_name_at_to_dbsid'. If the tables prove to be identical in number of columns, datatypes etc, then SYNCHRO would make sure that the table data in 'table_name_at_to_dbsid' got upstaged to the contents of table_name.

Surely someone else has done this before!

Regards,

Matthijs Rademakers,
Oracle Dev Received on Tue May 08 2001 - 17:51:09 CEST

Original text of this message