Re: Help: Standby database

From: Joe Kazimierczyk <joseph.kazimierczyk_at_bms.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 12:12:08 -0400

[Quoted] I haven't tried the 8i standby features, and still rely on my own scripts developed for 7.3. For me, setting the redo log destination to 'mandatory' would not be an option. So, if the log destination is 'optional', how does oracle handle this? Is there a facility to notify someone of problems, and how does the standby get back in sync after an automatic log copy has failed? (I know I should rtfm, but just thought I'd ask).