Re: Updating CLOBS - size does not shrink?

From: Joop Kaashoek <jkaashoek_at_teckchek.com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 20:04:28 -0700

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> As long as the length is reported as 80 bytes I wouldn't bother. Oracle
> 8.1.5 has, BTW been desupported, and 8.1.6 will follow very soon. Looks like
> you need to upgrade.
>
> Hth,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

The length gets reported as 100, which is the actual length. But here is what a friendly soul in the weblogic.developer.interest.jdbc newsgroup came up with:

// trim the lob to 80
cstmt = (OracleCallableStatement) conn.prepareCall( "BEGIN

DBMS_LOB.TRIM(?,80); END;");
cstmt.setCLOB(1,lob_loc);
cstmt.execute();

By the way, thanks for the upgrade warning. I would like to leap to 9i, but I
might have to settle for 8.1.7

Cheers,

Joop Received on Sat May 05 2001 - 05:04:28 CEST

Original text of this message