Problem with 8.1.6. proC object in forms 6i user exit

From: Ralph Lichtenberger <Ralph.Lichtenberger_at_yasc.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:52:12 +0200

Hello all,

we have a 8.1.5. database and Developer 6i installed on HP-UX 11.0. As suggest in several news threads we installed the database in one ORACLE_HOME (8.1.5.)
and Developer 6i in a second ORACLE_HOME (8.0.6).

Forms builder and the generated forms can connect to the database.

We also have a command line application, which connects to the database using proC.
The corresponding *.pc file is precompiled with the precompiler contained in the 8.1.5. release.
Connecting to the database using the proC application also works fine.

Suppose the name of the *.pc file is dbaccess.pc. We also have to integrate dbaccess.o generated from dbaccess.pc as a user exit into f60runmx.

Therefore we modified ins_forms60w.mk and added dbaccess.o to the additional objects for the user exit (EXITS).

Now for the problem:

In dbaccess.o there are several select statements. When executing the form which calls the user exit which executes the select statements they don't return anything.
Not even an error message.

When linking the commandline application only libs from the 8.1.5. release are used.
When relinking f60runmx only libs from the 8.0.6. release are used.

Does anybody have an idea what the source of the problem might be? Is it not possible to link an object which was built using the 8.1.5. environment
as an userexit to f60runmx which is built using the 8.0.6. environment?

I hope the description is not too confusing.

Thanks in advance
Ralph Received on Fri Apr 20 2001 - 15:52:12 CEST

Original text of this message