Re: connection problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:56:33 +0200

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:48:07 GMT, "Nicholas Mudie" <nmudie_at_chello.com> wrote:

>ok guys, this is my situation.
>
>I am located in Amsterdam and I have to connect to my Oracle NT box in
>London.
>
>I have asked the people in london to open up there firewall to allow me
>access with my I.P address only.
>
> They have sent me the TNS NAMES.ora file which details the instance name
>and i.p address/port of the oracle box. I have then added these details to
>my TNSNAMES.ora file but I still can't connect.
>
>first of all:
>
>Is this the proper way to do this using SQL *Net???
>
>secondly:
>
>is there an easier way??
>
>Kind regards
>Nicholas Mudie
>Chello Broadband
>Amsterdam :O)

One:
Yes
Two
No

Your post doesn't provide any clues, which will help anyone to resolve the problem.
Could you please try to be more specific - include the tnsnames.ora
- include any *exact* error message

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Thu Apr 19 2001 - 16:56:33 CEST

Original text of this message