Re: Refering to controls

From: Tom Deseamus <elrice2_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:45:38 GMT

Thanks again, that worked. Another person answered on the initial question.

Objects on forms are described as bind variables using the syntax COLON
> OBJECT_NAME without spaces such as :MYCHECKBOX.
>
> Daniel A. Morgan

This works for checking the value of a control, going to try it for assigning property values.

P.S I tried to send these thank yous to your email but it was returned "Could not find"

Thanks,
Tom Deseamus

"Andrew Hardy" <nobody_at_spam.from.news.AdvanticaTech.com> wrote in message news:9bmhc7$t2f$1_at_sun-cc204.lut.ac.uk...
> Tom,
>
> :my_block.my_field = 'Hello World';
>
> Andy
> "Tom Deseamus" <elrice2_at_home.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks that worked. One property I can't seem to find is the "Value"
> > property of a text box. For example if I write a calculation in code
 and
> > want to set the value of that text box based on the calculation.
> >

> > "Matt B." <mcb_at_ds.znet.com> wrote in message
> > > "Tom Deseamus" <elrice2_at_home.com> wrote in message
 and
 their
 this
 code,

> > > Look at the following in the forms online help:
> > >
> > > GET_ITEM_PROPERTY
> > > SET_ITEM_PROPERTY
> > > GET_BLOCK_PROPERTY
> > > SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY
> > > GET_FORM_PROPERTY
> > > SET_FORM_PROPERTY
> > >
> > > Also look at the SYSTEM variables (e.g.: SYSTEM.CURRENT_FORM,
> > > SYSTEM.CURSOR_ITEM, etc.). You might also, depending on your needs,
 want
> > > look at NAME_IN for if and when you would like to build names
 dynamically
 in