counting the number of disk I/O

From: Byung S. Lee <bslee_at_emba.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:31:03 -0400

Hello,

[Quoted] Does anybody know how to trace the number of disk page I/O's incurred during the execution of *one* user-defined function? My student and I have been using tkprof, only to be confused by inconsistent, irregular results. I suspect tkprof counts the total number of disk I/O's system-wide, i.e, across all processes run by Oracle, not just that of a single process.

If tkprof is the right tool use, or another tool is better, please send me an e-mail to bslee_at_cs.uvm.edu. I will appreciate that very much.

Thank you.
Ben (Byung) S. Lee Received on Tue Apr 10 2001 - 15:31:03 CEST

Original text of this message