Re: Who Uses Designer? What do you think?

From: Jim Wolfe <jim_wolfe_at_sra.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 21:08:44 GMT

We have been using Designer and Developer. Designer does a lot of things reasonably well, but not as well as other, targeted tools. Designer and Developer were produced by different teams and aren't as seamless as the sales lit might indicate. Developer provides much more control over the appearance and behaviour of screens and reports than Designer. Designer can reverse engineer Developer modules, but some information is lost. We plan on using Designer as a repository for requirements and designs and even to produce the initial cut of screens and reports. We will use Designer to produce finished products.
Jim