Re: SQL*Loader

From: Christoph Pfrommer <Christoph.Pfrommer_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 22:06:47 +0200

Steve Hamel wrote:

> I need to import Excel files into an Oracle table. I was told that it was
> possible to so using SQL*Loader.
>
> Does anyone have any good links where I can find the info and procedure to
> follow...could not find anything relevent on TechNet.

You are right, using SQL*Loader is o.k. Save your Excel files as csv (comma seperated) files. Then, see your documentation (and I'm sure this is available at technet.oracle.com) about SQL*Loader loading variable-length data. There are many detailed case studies in the docu.

Hth.
Christoph Pfrommer Received on Thu Mar 29 2001 - 22:06:47 CEST

Original text of this message