Transactional access via C++?

From: Trey Smith <treysmit_at_NOSPAMhome.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:28:50 GMT

I am a long time C/C++ Btrieve API programmer. In addition to SQL access, Btrieve has what is called "navigational" access to tables: open table, seek equal using indexed field(s), get next record with this index, update record, delete, etc.

I need to begin using other databases, such as Oracle.

  1. Is there a way to perform navigational operations against Oracle? If so, what API does one use?
  2. If not, how does one "get at" the data from C++ applications? I assume it involves building SQL string statements and submitting them to an API, but that is pure speculation. Any good book references with example code would be much appreciated, too.

Thanks very much! Received on Thu Mar 29 2001 - 19:28:50 CEST

Original text of this message