Re: a lot invalid objects in sys schema

From: <xmark.powell_at_eds.com.x>
Date: 29 Mar 2001 14:17:46 GMT

In article <l.985803015.1824401855_at_[198.138.198.252]>, <u132781982_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net> writes:
>Hi, Folks,
>After upgade our database from 8.1.6 to
>8.1.7, I found that a lot of objects in
>SYS are INVALID.(total 253).
>I recompiled some package and view, but
>all the Java Class and
>package body are still invalid. Any
>suggestions?
>
>DBMS_REPCAT_UNTRUSTED PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>DBMS_REPCAT_SNA_UTL PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>DBMS_REPCAT_SNA PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>DBMS_REPCAT_RPC_UTL PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>DBMS_REPCAT_RPC PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>DBMS_REPCAT_RGT_UTL PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>DBMS_REPCAT_RGT_CUST2 PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>DBMS_REPCAT_RGT_ALT PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>
>OBJECT_NAME OBJECT_TYPE STATUS
>------------------------------ ------------------ -------
>DBMS_IAS_SESSION PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>DBMS_IAS_QUERY PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>DBMS_IAS_CONFIGURE PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>DBMS_DEFER_SYS_PART1 PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>DBMS_DEFER_REPCAT PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>DBMS_DEFER_QUERY PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>DBMS_DEFER_INTERNAL_SYS PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>DBMS_DEFER_INTERNAL_QUERY PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>DBMS_DEFERGEN_PRIORITY PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>DBMS_DEFERGEN_INTERNAL PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>DBMS_DEFERGEN PACKAGE BODY INVALID
>
>Thanks for your help.

We did not encounter this problem, but to hazard a guess, some of these packages may be invalid because you do not have some optional features installed. The first set of packages are all related to replication so if you are not licensed for and running advanced replication I am not even sure why these were installed on your system. I did not locate the same packages in our instance. The second set has to do with the Internet Application Server, which is another licensed product.

When I checked I saw that dbms_repcat_sna appears to be created in dbmsshsna, which does not appear to one of the scripts automatically run by catalog and catproc. Have you tried re-running the Oracle provided package scripts for these objects? It would appear that at least some of the packages you are having a problem with are not automatically created by the install/upgrade since they are optional.

I hope this helps some.

  • Mark D. Powell --
    • Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the Web ----- http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email abuse_at_newsone.net