Re: populating detailblock after change

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_ds.znet.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 06:41:25 -0800

"Jan Schäfer" <schaefer_at_kksl.uni-leipzig.de> wrote in message news:99q4vk$ech$1_at_news.uni-leipzig.de...
> "Simon Redmond" <simon_at_sibass.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >
> > how about just re-querying the data?
>
> This is my problem, I don´t know how. Normally forms does the re-querying on
> the detail block automatically when I go from one record to another in the
> main block. But I don´t want to go to another record and then go back only
> to force the re-querying.
>
> Is there no function like refresh_block or something like that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jan

[Quoted] At the end of your KEY-COMMIT trigger after everything else is done, do a GO_BLOCK to go to your detail block (if you aren't already there (check :SYSTEM.CURSOR_BLOCK first - and use :SYSTEM.CURSOR_ITEM to grab the existing [Quoted] cursor's location into a variable (like v_cursor_item))), do an EXECUTE_QUERY, [Quoted] then do a GO_ITM(v_cursor_item) to put the user back where they were when they [Quoted] hit commit.

-Matt Received on Tue Mar 27 2001 - 16:41:25 CEST

Original text of this message