Re: about Oracle 7.3

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 22:35:46 +1000

[Quoted] The lack of "skill availability" probably means you will just be forwarded onto the SQL Server Support desk for them to improvise.

Only if that doesn't work will Uncle Tom Cobbly be asked to intervene.

Only if he can't deal with it will "All" be asked to supply an answer.

It makes support so much more *exciting*!!!

Regards
HJR "Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message news:3abf3522$0$15026$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net...
> Is it me or is the last part of the description of the differences between
> normal support and extended assistance support new? It sounds to me as if
> this could mean a support call *could* be answered by Uncle Bob from Uncle
> Bob's Software Emporium 8 weeks after logging the TAR. I know this doesn't
> actually happen at the moment,but the wording doesn't exactly enthuse me.
>
> Extended Assistance Support does not include the following:
> - Software Error Correction Support
> - Backporting of fixes
> - Certification with supported products, newer operating system
> releases or new compilers
> - Escalation support, response time adherence and skill availability
>

> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK
>

> "Chris" <me_at_nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Howard,
> >
> > As much as I loathe the mere thought of a disagreement with a man God,
> > Oracle has announced that it is desupporting 8.1.6 at the end of
 October.
> > And since Larry Ellison dictates to God, I'll have to go with him.
> >
> > Check metalink document 123178.1
> >
> > BTW, Oracle recommends 8.1.7 to "maintain the highest level of support".
> >
> > "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in message
> > > You don't need God to do it, just a manual and some practice, because
 the
> > > answer is most definitely 'yes'.
> > >
> > > One might ask, however, in the Almighty's name, why you are bothering
 with
> > > 7.3, since only the spawn of Beelzebub would be doing fresh installs
 of
 that