Error Starting/connecting Management Server

From: Xifer <ark_at_im.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:31:18 +0000

anyone used oms on Tru64 Unix?

I'm stuck with the error

  EMSDK-1100 : Unable to establish a secure communication   channel.

  On starting the Management Server I get

Starting the Oracle Management Server...VXA-3008 : Starting OMS Services, Wait.

  However, I can see the Server has actually connected to the   database - there are 8 sessions from the management server.

  Then I try to connect (either from WIN NT4 or by running   console on the Unix box) then the service sometimes dies   leaving all the sessions still connected to Oracle, but I get   the EMSDK-1100 error. I've tried renaming a shared library   as someone suggested but then I only got a load error so   I put it back (libnjssl8.so as I recall).

[Quoted]   I have 2 installations on the Unix server, an 8.1.5 that   I'm not allowed to delete but which isn't running. I created   an entry in that tnsnames for the service, didn't work so I   put in an IFILE entry and it still didn't work.

  So, even though it looks like oms is connecting, I created   a new instance called 'orcl' as suggested, created a new   repository without incident but still get the same errors   connecting to the management server.

  I've also tried this with and without intelligent agent   running. I've increased the large pool size to be 100 MB   to no avail. I have an SGA of about 700 MB on this server   so can allocate as much as I want if it's required somewhere   but ... where? I've got no errors in the alert log.

Any ideas? Please? Received on Thu Mar 22 2001 - 13:31:18 CET

Original text of this message