Key Others Trigger

From: Powers Smith <donotreply_at_interbulletin.bogus>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:02:06 +0000

I am currently using Forms 4.5.7 running on dumb terminals. I have a timer that refreshes the screen every 30 seconds. I want to be able to disable the timer so the user can make and entry and restart the timer when the user presses the commit key. I already have a key commit trigger that successfully restarts the timer. (I also delete the timer on certain automatic events). I have tried a ‘key others’ trigger, which deletes the timer, but basically makes the form useless, since it is triggered for each key that is pressed.

Is there a way to delete the ‘key others’ trigger inside itself then re-create it on the ‘key commit’ trigger? I know I can use the 'Execute_Trigger' in the 'key commit' trigger, but how do I disable it so that the user can move to the appropriate field to update.

Submitted via WebNewsReader of http://www.interbulletin.com Received on Thu Mar 22 2001 - 22:02:06 CET

Original text of this message