Help Please!!! PARSE problem.

From: G <gennt_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:12:43 GMT

I am trying to use the overloaded PARSE procedure defined as follows (gotten from using "desc PARSE"):
procedure PARSE (C INTEGER,STATEMENT VARCHAR2S, LB INTEGER,UB INTEGER, LFFLG BOOLEAN,LANGUAGE_FLAG INTEGER);
For some reason, it dose not seem to compile when I try to use the procedure with these variable types.
Maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. IN my snippet you can ignore the UTL_FILE calls. I put them in for clarity only, and realize the syntax is incorrect. Assume that everything else works. The error I get is: PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'PARSE' Here is the snippet:
TYPE varchar2s IS TABLE OF VARCHAR2(256) INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;
v_script varchar2s;
v_script_cursor INTEGER;
.
.

v_line_count := 0;
<<read_script>> WHILE TFILE.GET_LINE(v_input_line) LOOP v_script(v_line_count) := v_input_line;
v_line_count := v_line_count + 1;
END LOOP read_script;
TFILE.CLOSE;
v_script_cursor := DBMS_SQL.OPEN_CURSOR; DBMS_SQL.PARSE(v_script_cursor, v_script, 0, (v_line_count-1), TRUE, DBMS_SQL.NATIVE);
v_script_sts := DBMS_SQL.EXECUTE(v_script_cursor); DBMS_SQL.CLOSE_CURSOR(v_script_cursor);
Any ideas? Received on Thu Mar 22 2001 - 19:12:43 CET

Original text of this message