How to expose ODBC data sources in Oracle 8i?

From: yotofoto <yotofoto_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 21:15:34 GMT

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding an Oracle 8i feature that I read about last year, but need a little more information on. My understanding is that with 8i, it is possible to expose external data sources as Oracle tables as long as the sources have an ODBC interface. Is this in fact the case? If it is, where can I find information on this and how to do this? Does this interface work well? Are there specific criteria that the source must meet? (I'm not a DBA, just looking for information to support an idea.)

If you would be so kind as to respond via email as well, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks! Received on Mon Mar 19 2001 - 22:15:34 CET

Original text of this message