Re: Some question about Oracle Express

From: Michael Cooper <cooperm_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 08:57:32 -0500

The Brand Name "Express" will be phased in time. But what Oracle has planned is to merge Express engine and 4GL into Oracle 9i and will be called 9i Olap Services. They will be simply packaging the RDBMS and the Express Olap pieces together, similar to Microsoft Office packages Word, Excel, etc... I have been in touch with Oracle (Datawarehouse OLAP Consultants) and they informed me the are definitely keeping the Express structure and 4-GL intact. The difference is that is won't be a standalone product, but integrated into 9i. If you want it's functionality, you will have to get 9i, then add the 9i Olap Services option (Express).

Michael Cooper