Using the OTL library with Oracle

From: Doug Farrell <dfarrell01_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:14:41 GMT

Hi everyone,

I'm one of the web developers at my company, where we use C++ to write our CGI scripts under Sun Workshop Pro 5.0 and Netscape Server. We use oracle for our database needs and I'm wondering if anyone has used the OTL library at :

http://www.geocities.com/skuchin/otl/home.htm

to interface to oracle with C++. I'd like to hear from anyone who has used it and what their experience might be. It looks like a great libray for using oracle OCI rather than PL/SQL to interface to oracle. However, I'm having a problem compiling it under Sun Workshop Pro 5.0. The OTL author has written me (he has been very supportive by the way) saying it is a problem with the STL library implementation of this version of the compiler. So I'm looking to hear from people about their experiences building and using OTL.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Doug Farrell

ps. my work email is dfarrell_at_groiler.com Received on Fri Mar 09 2001 - 04:14:41 CET

Original text of this message