delimed dumps 8.0.4

From: PostModern <bobbyb70NOSPAM_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 14:58:23 +1100

Hi,
I'm trying to find an easy method of creating a delimited ASCII dump from an Oracle 8.0.4 db running on a HP9000 box. The intention is for selected tables to end up in a SQLserver db of another agency.

Either
1. Can I use something like sqlloader to extract data as well as read in data?
2. Is there an easy way to get the tables out in another format that SQLserver can import from?

We have established that the preferred delimiter be a ~ as " , . and ' appear in some of the char fields.
Suggestions appreciated.

TIA. Busy Apps Admin. Received on Thu Mar 01 2001 - 04:58:23 CET

Original text of this message