Oracle error message using ODBC

From: Mark Harris <mark.harris_at_ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:26:28 -0000

Hello,

I'm using the Oracle ODBC drivers in some scripting (Win NT 4, Oracle 8.1.6), with the following connection string:

set conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") conn.ConnectionString = "DSN=uniform;UID=<username>;pwd=<password>;" conn.Open

When I try & run the script, I get the following error message:

"[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]Error while trying to retrieve
text for error ORA-03121"

Also when trying to set up a new ODBC connection, I get a message saying
"The setup routines for the Oracle ODBC driver could not be loaded due to
system error code 182"

Can anyone suggest what the problem is?

Thanks in advance,

Mark Received on Wed Feb 28 2001 - 16:26:28 CET

Original text of this message