Re: Schema comparison

From: Joe <jchvs_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:51:42 -0500

Hi,

This utility came from the archives of the PL/SQL pipeline. The url is http://www.revealnet.com/Pipelines/PLSQL/archives.htm.

Schema Comparison Utility
Author: Tom Niderost (Tom_at_TEMPUS.COM)

I have created a tool called OraCompare that we use in-house for schema comparison. It is a beta product, and it has been posted for free download and use.

OraCompare will compare objects in two different schemas. The schemas can reside on different servers or be on the same database. It has been tested with Oracle 8 and 8i only. At this time it does not compare Types and Type Bodies.

It is designed to run on a Win9x/WinNT/Win2K client. This is a work in progress, and more features will eventually be added.

The application was written in Delphi, with "Direct Oracle Access" components used to communicate directly to the OCI.

Format: Application
http://www.niderost.com/oracompare.exe