Insert new record (Forms 6.0 )

From: A. Bogomol <bogomol_at_investbank.ru>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:54:30 +0200

Hi folks!
[Quoted] When user changes record in the block,after commit_form operation the new record should be inserted in the table of this block . The new record has the changed values and values of the old record. I've created Key-Commit trigger that has the following code for my form:

  rec:=:system.cursor_record;

           create_record;
           duplicate_record;
            go_record(rec);
            clear_record;
       commit_form;

So I have a new record in the block and after commit operation there will be two records in the table (old and new). I think my way is not very pretty.
Does anybody know the other way to perform this operation?

Thanks in advance.
Alexander Received on Tue Feb 13 2001 - 15:54:30 CET

Original text of this message