ok, i need help

From: Jerry Parmeley <jparmeley_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 21:39:14 -0600

[Quoted] [Quoted] everyone out there in sql land, i need help. [Quoted] for a school project we are creating a airline company database. this database should include airports (5), jets (3), passengers (20), and flights (20-arriving and departing).
i have created the data within the database; however, i can not get select statements to work. simple statements like selecting column from table no problem. but when it come to complex statements it won't work for me. i guess i am not getting the idea of joining. example select that returns no rows

[Quoted] [Quoted] select flightdepart_id, jet_id, airport_id   from flightdepartureinfo
  where flightdepartdaytime = to_date('22-Jun-2005 dd-mon-yyyy');

doesn't work, i do have a flight that leaves on the 22 of june.

i need some help, even the sql dummies book i bought isn't helping a whole lot of these silly joins. it would help if the teacher taught us sql, but he expects us to learn it ourselves.

thanks for the help

jerry Received on Sun Feb 11 2001 - 04:39:14 CET

Original text of this message