Re: longtime archiving of oracle tables

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 20:26:54 GMT

People are now discovering there is an issue of losing a certain fraction of their CDs after ten or fifteen years to a variety of causes (laser rot, scratches, fingerprints, etc.). Audio CDs have been around far longer than CD-Rs so you may want to go to a good audio site to find out what's known and what you have to do to keep the CDs themselves from becoming unreadable.

Van