Re: newbie's question on control file and SQL Loader

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_ds.znet.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 17:37:42 -0800

"PC" <prabhaweb_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:3A740619.FDA3A22_at_netscape.net...
> Hi:
>
> I am trying to load a huge Excel file (.csv) into Oracle. This is my
> first time with control files etc. When I do the control file command at
>
> Unix, ie,
>
> $sqlload control=file1.ctl log=file1.log
>
> I get the following error:
>
> "Name specified is not recognized as an internal/external command,
> operable program or batch file."

I can't remember what SQL Loader is called in UNIX offhand, but try "sqlldr" and see if that works. Also made sure the executable does have execute privs on it too.

>Also, do I code "load data, infile *......." as a script in an SQL editor and
then run it in SQL Plus?

Code it as a text file with any editor you like and just save it wherever you like. But if it isn't in the same directory you are running SQL Loader from, you will need to explicity specify the path or link to it.

-Matt Received on Mon Jan 29 2001 - 02:37:42 CET

Original text of this message