USERNAME/V$SQLAREA.SQL_TEXT: how link them when...

From: <monsri_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:29:16 GMT

[Quoted] How can you associate the USERNAME of a given session to a SQL statement that appears in V$SQLAREA ou dans V$SQLTEXT for example ?, when the V$SESSION.SQL_ADDRESS and V$SESSION.SQL_HASH_VALUE values no more appear in the 2 other views quoted above ?
(i.e. when the following
> select ..
> from V$SESSION, V$SQLAREA
> where V$SESSION.SQL_ADDRESS = V$SQLAREA.ADDRESS
> and V$SESSION.SQL_HASH_VALUE = V$SQLAREA.HASH_VALUE
does not return anything any longer)

Cause I noticed that in Qwest's software Instance Monitor they still can link a USERNAME to the SQL statements they show in their SQL window...

Does someone know how they perform this association when the 2 addresses ADDRESS & HASH_VALUE have disappeared from V$SESSION ?? Thks !
Seb

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Jan 24 2001 - 16:29:16 CET

Original text of this message