Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager Login HELP!!

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 14:36:48 +1100

Obviously, make sure that the services for the Managerment Server have been started, but the initial log on is definitely sysman/oem_temp ... it asks you to change the password when you first login, so if you haven't seen that particular message, then I'd expect the defaults still to work.

If all else fails, you start from scratch: run the Configuration Assistant. It will want you to create the Management Server repository in a database of your choice (presumably, in your case, ORCL would do). Make sure that database is running first, then connect as a User on that database (system/manager works fine), elect to create a new User (to own the repository), and when the process is finished you should be able to start the relevant services from the Control Panel applet, and connect as sysman/oem_temp.

If a repository was in fact previously created in that database, it will warn you -but it's perfectly OK to say that you want the new one created despite prior ownership (so long as there is room in the relevant tablespaces for dual repositories). You can always sort out the mess later with a quick 'drop user blah including contents', to get rid of the original owner, if there was one.

HTH Regards