When does forms 'message_code' value get refreshed

From: <mattn123_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 18:45:16 GMT

When does forms 'message_code' value get refreshed?

[Quoted] My form attempts to query a non-existant record which causes a FRM- 40301, and the value in the 'message-code' variable is '40301'.

Based on that value I bypass other processing, like reading more data, which is no longer appropriate when this first record does not exist. I do this by calling 'RAISE-FORM-TRIGGER-FAILURE' which I expected would reset 'message-code' to NULL or blanks or whatever - something other than '40301'. It does not.

Also, most interesting, is a subsequent query which is successful, does [Quoted] not reset the 'message-code' variable either!

When does 'message-code' get reset? The only work around I have thought [Quoted] of is to set my own GLOBAL variable on based on the '40301', and then set it off after I call 'RAISE-FORM-TRIGGER-FAILURE' so that my GLOBAL is the flag I base my processing on, as I don't see how I can use 'message-code' as my flag

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Jan 10 2001 - 19:45:16 CET

Original text of this message