Re: Coalescing free space

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 20:22:53 +0100

Alter tablespace <tablespace_name> coalesce This will coalesce the *free* space only, so the rest of the answer is obvious, as tables are not involved.
To coalesce tables take the exp/imp route or buy a tool like Platinum TSReorg and/or use locally managed tablespaces.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA