Re: Programatically effecting one button in a multi-record block

From: Aleksandr Kononov <AKononov_at_pptk.energo.ru>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 10:59:14 GMT

[Quoted] May be it's possible to simulate button behaviour of a text item programmatically.

  1. Text item (not a button). Visual attibutes are: Color = gray Bevel = raised It looks like a button. In this case it's possible to manipulate with "button lable" (item value), color, etc.
  2. The triggers are something like next:

WHEN-MOUSE-DOWN trigger
Set_Item_Instance_Property( ItemId, CURRENT_RECORD, BORDER_BEVEL, PLAIN ); WHEN-MOUSE-UP trigger
if <Condition> then
  DoSomething;
else
  DoAnotherSomething;
end if;
Set_Item_Instance_Property( ItemId, CURRENT_RECORD, BORDER_BEVEL, RAISED ); Regards,
Aleksandr Kononov

In article <CPR26.27927$bw.1773897_at_news.flash.net>,   "Eric Givler" <egivler_at_flash.net> wrote:
> I have developer 6i and a multi-record block. Each record has a
 button with
> it [W] for warning messages. If there are warning messages for the
 current
> record, I want the button to appear different (or maybe be enabled).
 If
> not, then I want it to be disabled.
>
> I tried to color the button using display_item, and
> set_item_instance_property with a visual attribute (background
 color=red),
> but it had no effect. The label for the button is simply "W"
>
> Any suggestions how to pull this off?
>
> A friend of mine suggested removing all the buttons and displaying a
 single
> button for all records at the bottom, that would have a display-item
 beside
> it (text) that was based on the current record. It would still be
 populated
> in a post-query (or similar operation) and have an ASTERISK if the
 button
> would have any "associated" details, otherwise it would be blank.
>
> The user will NOT be able to edit/update the warning messages, just
 SEE
> them.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Jan 03 2001 - 11:59:14 CET