Re: Problem with ouptu files

From: Andrew Velichko <andrew_velichko_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 16:04:14 -0500

Hi Nicola!

I don't know the specific of you task but I think that you have a cursor in which you process fields of SQL statement and then use UTL_FILE. The simpliest way is to create concatenated
string from the fields of your SQL statement and then pass it as the only paramenter into PUTF procedure. All paramenters have VARCHAR2 type, so you apparently can concatenate all fields like in: for c in (select * from test_table) loop

    s:=rpad(c.field1,10)||lpad(c.field2,10)||...etc.,etc. ;     ...
    putf(my_handle, format, s);
end loop;

Or, if you need some output as a report you can just use means that is provided by SQL*Plus. It is possible to create complex reports in this tool too.

Or use Oracle Reports.

Another options is to use DBMA_OUTPUT package.

Again, all depends on your needs.

Regards,
Andrew Velichko
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Developer 2000 http://www.brainbench.com