Re: Problem Installing Designer 6i Repository

From: Remco Blaakmeer <remco_at_qn-195-66-31-144.quicknet.nl>
Date: 22 Dec 2000 21:50:07 GMT

[Quoted] In article <8vv4rb$phs$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,

        lthompson003_at_my-deja.com writes:
> I am attempting to install a Designer 6i repository on an Oracle 8.1.7
> database running on Solaris. When click on the icon to build the
> repository the script runs for a while building tables and indexes.
> The script then hangs at the same point and it gives no error
> messages. It hangs when attempting to build a package
> CIQUE_ELEMENT_TYPE using the ciueet.odb script. Any suggestions on
> what can be done to solve this problem.

I'm having the exact same problem, using Designer 6i under Windows NT 4 Workstation and Oracle8i 8.1.7 under Linux.

After the repository admin utility is killed, nothing short of "shutdown abort" is able to terminate the database session (I haven't tried killing the process from outside the database). It just sits there, eating CPU cycles.

[Quoted] Does anybody know what causes this?

Remco

--
qn-195-66-31-144:  10:30pm  up 18 days, 22:18, 13 users,  load average: 2.22, 2.47, 2.38