bugs in Oracle Designer capture of DB2 DDL?

From: Kelly Bert Manning <bo774_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: 21 Dec 2000 20:55:24 GMT

I've been trying to use Oracle Designer to capture the design of existing DB2 applications.

Is version 6 any better than version 2.0.24.2.0, configuration 2.17?

The capture utility gives bogus syntax errors such as

CDI-16021 Error: Syntax Error 141: COMMENT 1 Expecting keyword ON to   follow COMMENT
This goes away if I change '...COMMENT 1...' to '...COMMENT1...'

It seems to be confused by finding ' COMMENT ' within the text of a label/comment value string.

It also objects to CLUSTERing indexes that don't have any partioning:

CDI-16023 Error: Syntax Error 109: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ITMEML01 ON TTMEML

     (TMSUSID              ASC)
     PCTFREE 0
     CLUSTER
     CLOSE  Expecting a LEFT PARENTHESIS to follow CLUSTER

which seems to indicate that it recognizes the CLUSTER parm but has a confused notion that Partitioning subparms are mandatory insted of optional.