frm-40200 "Field is protected against update"

From: Todd Meyers <ToddMeyers_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 21:52:55 GMT

[Quoted] Please help! I've been doing forms development for tweleve years and I just can't get past this!

I have a form generated out of Designer (6.0). I have several fields that are Unbound (Database Item property = NO). In Designer they are defined as Insert=YES, Update=YES, Query=NO. That is how they end up in the .fmb.

The problem: when I try to enter or update the values in these fields after I have queried a record, I can't do it. (I can when I'm creating a new record.) I get the FRM-40200 "Field is protected against update". I have the form display the field properties dynamically and UPDATE_ALLOWED and INSERT_ALLOWED properties are TRUE, but still I get the message.

Can anyone provide a clue that can help me? Thanks in advance!

Todd Meyers
Meyers Technologies, L.L.C.
Oracle and Microsoft Development
Currently on assignment at DFAS/DOD in Kansas City

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Dec 20 2000 - 22:52:55 CET

Original text of this message