VB4.0(16bits)->Jet->MDB->ODBC->SQLNet->TCP-IP question.

From: Nicolas Delattre <ndl_at_infonie.fr>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 23:17:42 +0100

Hi, I have got a problem of understanding the technical following chains :

What is working is that following chains (I install Oracle clients for windows 95)

I'm using VB4.0 for 16bits with Windows 98SE.
? -> We are under 16bits.

In my application i'm using an access table MDB (Access 2.0) with linked tables to Oracle.
? -> We are still under 16bits.

The linked tables are done by an ODBC connection
? -> The link by ODBC have to be assume by an 16bit ODBC driver ????

That connection uses a DSN that uses the driver SQO32_73.dll (2.0.3.1)
? -> Why is it using this driver 32bit driver : There is a bridge
between 16bits and 32bits, I thought it was not possible.

The driver deals with SQL Net for Oracle 7.3.3.0

What is not working is that following chains (I install Oracle clients for windows)

I'm using VB4.0 for 16bits with Windows 98SE.

In my application i'm using an access table MDB (Access 2.0) with linked tables to Oracle.

The linked tables are done by an ODBC connection

That connection uses a DSN that uses the driver ?.dll

The driver deals with SQL Net for Oracle 7.3.3.0 for Windows witch calls the TCP/IP vendor "Microsoft Windows 95" -> SQLNet can't work. There's problem with TNS.

Can you explain what is wrong with my configuration et what i did not understand (16/32bits)??

Thanks to reply a copy of your answer to ndl_at_gibbon.fr

Nicolas Delattre
Paris, France Received on Mon Dec 18 2000 - 23:17:42 CET

Original text of this message