How XSQL converts to XML

From: Joseph Babad <joseph_babad_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:47:30 GMT

The XSQL documentation states that if HTML <FORM> parameters are posted, the XSQL servlet will automatically convert the form parameters into an XML document looking like:

<request>

   <parameters>

      <firstparamname>firstparam</firstparamname>

   </parameter>
</request>

I've created a new xsql action that allows me to get the internal DOM representation and write it out to a file using a DOM serialize function. (I'm using the Xerces XML classes to do this.)

Problem: When I try it with different forms, the parameters don't get written out in any order that I can see. It's certainly not first-to-last.
Does anyone know how/why this is happening and how/if it can be remedied? I would like to take this file and save it a CLOB. It would be nice to be able to write XSL with the knowledge that the data ordering/format is consistent.

Thanks,
Joseph.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 11 2000 - 11:47:30 CET

Original text of this message