Re: pre-update trigger doesn't fire

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_ds.znet.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 21:35:45 -0800

"Jimbo" <jim_at_vimich.com> wrote in message news:mJdX5.38875$i%4.1100021_at_news20.bellglobal.com...
> Would anyone know why my pre-update trigger won't fire at all?
> I have one form, with one record only in it and I can't get the pre-update
> trigger to fire. I have changed some things in the datablock to prevent
> insertion of another record, deletion of the record, but I have put no
> limitations on updating the record.
>
> Any thoughts would help.

Without being able to see what you're working with, here are a few things to check:

  1. Make sure the updated item is either a database item or is a non-database item but with the "Lock Record" property set to Yes (TRUE) at the time you attempt to commit. This is what will cause Forms to issue the update DML behind the scenes.
  2. Make sure your block corresponds to a database table.
  3. Make sure your trigger hierarchy is where it should be (override, after, or before, depending on what you want to do).

-Matt Received on Thu Dec 07 2000 - 06:35:45 CET

Original text of this message