WebDB 2.2 - updating fields of LONG datatype

From: Amy A. Miller <milleraa_at_isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 15:42:11 -0500

Hello out there--

I'm just getting in to using WebDB (2.2) forms, and am having a problem updating a column of LONG datatype. Interestingly, if I just used the Query and Update wizard that comes default with WebDB, it works fine. I can query, using a QBE style form, click to update, and then update (using a table style form, named something like wwv_qbe_table.query_and_update) the cell.

I created, for purposes of look and feel and ease of use, my own forms that do something similar. The first is a QBE, which does display the field correctly, in its entirety. I then created a link, which links fine to my Table Form. For any rows where the value in the LONG column is less than 2000 bytes, it seems to work fine. But, it seems to choke at any updates that push the length of the field over 2000.

I checked all my settings, and don't see any option for this anywhere. Plus, the out of the box WebDB form does this fine, so it must work. Any thoughts?

Please respond to me directly - I only check this list sporadically.

Thanks,
Amy Miller

Amy A. Miller, Data Analyst
University of Pennsylvania ISC
Office of Data Administration
3401 Walnut, Suite 265C /6228
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6228
Phone: 215-898-2171 Fax:215-898-0386
Email: milleraa_at_isc.upenn.edu Received on Tue Dec 05 2000 - 21:42:11 CET

Original text of this message