Oracle+PHP much better than Oracle Webdb

From: Kekko <kekko.milan_at_hotmail.it>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 12:10:24 +0100

Hello anybody,
I developed a web application with data on Oracle 8i and web-server Oracle WebDb and another just identical entirely with PHP on Netscape Web server on Linux.
This one is much better than the first because I can get in several databases from only a client while Webdb force me to create a dedicate database and to work with tables and views (it doesn't accept synonyms!).
If someone would like to exchange with me some informations about Oracle and PHP I'm very happy to do it.
I would recommend some useful links (it isn't advertising):

http://www.php.net/manual/html/ref.oci8.html for the PHP functions for interacting with Oracle DB

and more in general http://www.php.net

Thanks

Francesco Received on Mon Dec 04 2000 - 12:10:24 CET

Original text of this message