Re: scoping in Pro C

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 11:36:52 -0500

xmannet46_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Been working with proc for about 6 months now and ran into a problem.
>
> I basically need two login's to oracle within the same executable. The
> trouble is that sqlca is global and really does not allow this. Is
> there anyway to overcome this?

The problem isn't with sqlca. There are lots of ways that you can get around that. The real problem you are faced with is how to have separate connections. To do this you must use the DECLARE DATABASE directive and name two different database handles (the names are completely arbitrary) and then use the CONNECT directive and specify which connection you want to open. Received on Mon Dec 04 2000 - 17:36:52 CET

Original text of this message