Re: Migrate from Informix to Oracle

From: Hakan YUKSEL <hyuksel_at_tekstilbank.com.tr>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 20:46:49 GMT

i think you are really lucky today,
because i read your msg, while i am copying one informix table to my oracle db.
i hope you are on Unix, (cause we are :-) ) here we are migrating to oracle from informix too and i am also a member of conversion team...
i have written a batch file, which does the below, i just pass the arguments

and it converts informix table structure to oracle and creates the oracle table and pumps the informix data to oracle via a unix pipe automatically...

you need nothing more...

now (22:45) i am pumping the largest table which has nearly 130 million rows in it (ohh dont worry, this is not the first time, we are at the third step)

performance ?
pumping 130 million rows takes nearly 36 hours... :-))

you can download this script from
http://members.nbci.com/hakan_yuksel/htmls/stuff.html

pls feel free to email me if you have any ques.

--
Hakan Yuksel, Oracle DBA
http://members.nbci.com/hakan_yuksel/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.