Configure Oracle IDBC to not wait for locks

From: Mark E. Hansen <meh_at_NOSPAMunify.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:40:05 -0800

[Quoted] I would like to configure my ODBC application to not block when attempting to access rows in the Oracle database that have conflicting locks.

In an OCI application, I make a call to "oopt" to set two options on the cursor: ROW_RLBACK and DONOT_WAIT (these get or'ed together). This causes the operation to return immediately with an error if a lock conflict is encountered.

However, I can't find any way to do this from my ODBC application. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?

Regards, Received on Wed Nov 29 2000 - 23:40:05 CET

Original text of this message