Re: Email from stored proc in Oracle 8.1.5

From: Prakash <venkatprakash_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 01:59:46 GMT

[Quoted] The only way I know is, calling a stored Java procedure. Thats how I did [Quoted] in the past. We can invoke the Java stored procedure from PL SQL Procedure and in turn that java (using java Mail) will send the mail.

Hope this helps. Thanks

V Prakash
[Quoted] venkatprakash_at_Hotmail.com

In article <8vufq3$jf0$1_at_news2.isis.unc.edu>,   "Patrick Casey" <patrick_casey_at_unc.edu> wrote:
> I have seen all the info about email from UTL_SMTP but that is only
 for
> 8.1.6 release 2 and above.
>
> Does anyone have any samples of sending email from PL/SQL in 8.1.5????
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
>
> Patrick Casey
> Applications Analyst Programmer II
> UNC - Chapel Hill
> patrick_casey_at_unc.edu

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 28 2000 - 02:59:46 CET

Original text of this message