When has Loader finished?

From: <tim_bedford_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 17:06:44 GMT

Hi,
[Quoted] [Quoted] I've got a C++ application that gets an ASCII file, uses Loader to [Quoted] squirt it into an Oracle table, and then compares it with another table [Quoted] in a search. The trouble is I can't figure out how to get the C++ app to [Quoted] know when Loader has finished doing its stuff. If I try and do the search immediately after calling Loader it gets nothing, understandably. [Quoted] The only thing I can think of is to count the number of lines in the ASCII file, then do a COUNT on the table, and not perform the search until they're the same. But there's got to be a better way than that. tahnks,

Tim

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 21 2000 - 18:06:44 CET

Original text of this message