Re: MS-DOS 6.22 <-> Oracle 8

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 19:06:06 +0100

"Marcel" <laar_at_nieaf-systems.nl> wrote in message news:8vbakb$ova$1_at_azure.nl.gxn.net...
> Hi Oracle guru's,
>
> Is it possible to connect from MS-DOS 6.22 to an Oracle 8 database?
>
> And another question: I would like to develop an MS-DOS 6.22 based
> application using Pro*C/C++ that talks to an Oracle 8 database. Is this
> possible?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Marcel van Laar

DOS as a platform has been desupported *years* ago. There has never been an Oracle 8 DOS client So the answer, regrettably is No, your firm has to move out the prehistoric era. (And needless to say DOS is not Y2K compliant)

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Mon Nov 20 2000 - 19:06:06 CET

Original text of this message