Re: Pro*C error message location ?

From: Hugh Patrick <hugh.patrick_at_virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 18:46:12 +0000

John Strange wrote:

> Some where along the line, Oracle decided to add
> sqlcxt((void **)0, &sqlctx, &sqlstm, &sqlfpn);
>
> to the end of a EXEC SQL any_command_here ;
> in the Pro*C pre-processor.
>
> One of the effects of this is that it nulls out
> sqlca.sqlerrm.sqlerrmc
> which contains the failure reason when the command fails.
>
> Does anyone know where else I can get an EXEC SQL failure message?
>
> --
> While Alcatel may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job),
> Alcatel does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when u
> opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use.

sqlglm() - it's documented in the Pro*C guide. This has the nice feature that you can declare a larger buffer than the 72 characters in sqlca.sqlerrm.sqlerrmc.
Also, error messages can be "wiped" if you are executing another SQL statement successfully before reading the error message. Received on Sat Nov 18 2000 - 19:46:12 CET

Original text of this message