related poplists

From: Neil Smith <neil_smith_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 21:39:59 GMT

I have a form which updates a table which amongst other things contains a table name and a column name. I want to present this on the form as two poplists that display items from all_tables and all_tab_columns (I don't want to use LOVs). So far, I have got it to display the list of tables, and to display the list of all columns. To do this I have used a trick I have seen repeated many times on the net and in books, where you just make the foreign key columns appear on the form as text fields and then change them to poplists. You create a two column record group which select from the lookup tables and populate the record group and poplists on new form instance.

Now, what I need to do next is to have the column poplist be constrained to just select columns from the selected table. I have tried to do this by repopulating the column record group and list when the list item changes. This doesn't work, and I am stuck for what to do next.

Anyone know how to get this to work?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 13 2000 - 22:39:59 CET

Original text of this message