Re: Forms 3.0 <--> Oracle 8

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 04:46:50 GMT

In article <3A0A8350.4598E632_at_sheffield.ac.uk>,   j.m.whitehead_at_sheffield.ac.uk wrote:
> > > Is there any way to make forms 3.0 work with oracle 8 server ?
> > >
> > > Any way will be congratulated.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Ofer Razon.
> > > oferr_at_surfree.net.il
> > >
> > I don't see any reason why not. Forms 2.3 works with 8.0.
>
> As I understood it the change of the rowid to a different format in
> Oracle8 from Oracle7 prevented Forms3 from working correctly since it
> depends on the rowid for its internal database handling operations.
> Please correct me if I'm wrong as I would be delighted to be proved
> otherwise.
>
> Jonathan

Yeah, right. BUT: How come Forms 4.5 works with 8.0.6 without any changes? Version wasn't reinstalled either. I can't say without trying, of course, but I would try first. I don't have Forms 3.0 available, unfortunately.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 13 2000 - 05:46:50 CET

Original text of this message